Paradox Interactive, a publisher and developer with excellent in-flight service, today launched the latest expansion for Cities: Skylines, available now for both PC and consoles. Airports, a brand new expansion which allows players to create their very own air travel hubs, is available for a suggested retail price of $12.99 on Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4. The Airports expansion allows you to build your own airport areas, set up gates and connect them via concourse networks. Design your dream airports, from small airfields to large international hubs.
Prepare for your descent into the new Airports expansion by viewing the new trailer below!
“The teams at Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order are excited to give fans an all new transportation option to integrate into their designs” said Magnus Lysell, Cities: Skylines Product Manager at Paradox Interactive. “Fans have long been requesting the possibility to integrate airports into their cities, and we can’t wait to see the things our community delivers with these new tools.”
Key features of the Airports expansion include:
- Modular Airport Building: Connect terminals, gates, and other airport buildings via concourse networks, designing your own perfect airport.
- Airport Progression: The more business and tourism travel that you attract to your city the more your airport will progress, with additional building options, larger planes, and more revenue for local industry!
- Public transport: Sometimes the hardest part of traveling is getting to the airport itself. Connect your new travel hub to your bustling city via transport buildings like bus, metro, and train stations.
- Cargo Air Traffic: People aren’t the only ones traveling by air, and you need not stick your cargo terminals off in the outskirts of your city. Build new cargo terminals that fit with your airport, connect them to the complex, and eliminate eyesores while bringing in new goods for your citizens.
In addition to the Airports expansion, Paradox Interactive today released additional content for city builders to enjoy, including:
- Content Creator Map Pack: Featuring 8 new terrain maps by Sanctum Gamer, unleash your city-building creativity on new and unique landscapes.
- Content Creator Pack: Vehicles Of The World: A set of 21 new vehicle assets from around the globe, brought to you by bsquicklehausen. Fill the streets of your cities with iconic service vehicles, like a Police Supercar and more!
- Calm The Mind Radio: When city-building stresses you out, tune that dial to Calm the Mind Radio. The game’s relaxation radio station will bring chill vibes into your architectural workflow.
- On Air Radio: Cool cats rejoice, On Air Radio brings jazz beats to Cities: Skylines. Ideal for building the smoothest cities around, ya dig?
Content Creator Pack: Vehicles Of The World and Content Creator Map Pack are available for a suggested retail price of $4.99 / £3.99 / €4.99 each. Calm The Mind and On Air Radio are available for a suggested retail price of $3.99 / £2.89 / €3.99.