Today, NEXON revealed the full trailer for their upcoming third-person co-operative action RPG shooter, The First Descendant, ahead of Gamescom 2022. Following the buzz around its tantalizing teaser trailer, the full-length trailer showcases new details of the game’s dynamic co-op play, epic grappling-hook action, and absolutely massive boss monsters in an immersive Sci-Fi fantasy world. The First Descendant will be featured in Gamescom Online this year, and players can get a hands-on look at the upcoming looter-shooter in a Steam beta scheduled for October 20-26, 2022.
The high-quality graphics, built in Unreal Engine 5, show dynamic four-player co-op battles as the Descendants wage war against Karel and his army of alien invaders. In the trailer, Lepic (a versatile fighter with powerful guns built into his arm), Viessa (a debuffer who freezes enemies by controlling cold air), Bunny (super-quick nuke with electrical attacks), and Ajax (the tank with space-warping skills) team up to battle huge alien bosses. More dynamic action can also be seen through additional characters with unique skill sets. The bosses, each with unique appearances and combat styles, are susceptible to distinct player abilities, weapons, and grappling hook attacks that can cling to and remove body parts.
- 4-Player Co-Op Play – Team up with other players for four-player co-op strategic battles. Each player’s amazing powers and abilities will lead to tactical battles for the win.
- Charming and Unique Characters – Play as different characters, each with distinctive concepts and battle styles. Characters will have customizable elements to allow players to support character decoration. Don’t miss your chance to play as 10 different characters during the closed-beta test this Autumn.
- Exciting Battles, Dynamic Action, Multiple Skills, and Unique Weapons – Experience exciting battles with different characters, each with unique skill sets, free movements, and chain actions through grappling hooks, colorful firearms, and additional effects. Players create the battle style they desire!
- Battle Huge Boss Monsters – Battle huge boss monsters with different appearances and abilities. Various powers and difficulties will stimulate the player’s competitive spirit as you struggle not to fall in battle. Target the boss’s gimmicks to experience a more compact and strategic team play.
- Motivating Play and Growth – Equip characters with 3 guns, 4 pieces of secondary equipment, and various sub-weapons. Use and change the equipment based on the types of battles encountered. New equipment develops character growth by combining various pieces, enhancing character and firearm stats, or adding a new ability. Obtain new items through clearing scenario missions or in the world missions where cooperation is crucial. Use new items to challenge yourself with more complex tasks!