Foolish Mortals are about to leave their monster-shaped footprint on the turn-based strategy genre, with the release of Kaiju Wars on Steam today! The love letter to classic kaiju cinema is a mix of turn-based genre classics, with a one-against-many twist, where players hopelessly command an army against an impending monster attack. Turn-based fans can purchase Kaiju Wars on Steam now for $19.99 USD.
Feel the ground (and desk) shake in the Kaiju Wars launch trailer, which was previously released during the MIX’s 10th Anniversary showcase.
A spiritual successor to the NES game Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters, we’re extremely pleased to add a fresh take on the turn-based genre by combining elements from Advance Wars, Into the Breach and classic kaiju films. – Michael Long, director of Kaiju Wars
About Kaiju Wars:
Command the army!
- We need more time! – Play as the mayor of Floatio city, tasked with holding off the overwhelming strength of a kaiju attack. Park tanks and jets in the monster’s path to slow it down (don’t worry, we have a good insurance policy).
- Construct buildings! – Build sacrificial army bases and airfields to distract the kaiju and line the city streets with fodder.
- Deploy experimental weapons! – Conventional weapons aren’t enough; deploy experimental weapons such as freeze rays and transforming mechas to keep the kaiju at bay.
- Evacuate! – Our chief scientist is working on an anti-monster serum, but it’s not ready yet! Be prepared to evacuate the laboratory using transport trucks, boats, or planes when the kaiju get too close.
Fight the KAIJU!
- Five unique kaiju – Each specializing in different types of destruction.
- They mutate! – Tremble in fear as each kaiju grows stronger and gains devastating abilities through mid-level mutations.
- Unstoppable! – Kaiju can’t be killed, but can only be slowed down and forced to fall back… for now. Pepper them with ammunition, if you can.
Predictable! – They move towards the nearest building, and those scientists have mathed the exact odds as to where they might go next. Use this info wisely!
- Uncover the mystery – Strange things are happening: frequent volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and earthquakes. Find out why over the course of an 15+ hour story-based campaign.
- Embark on a Campaign! – Play missions from all over the world as you progress through the globe-trotting fight against kaiju. Test your wits in tactical puzzles, command dozens of units in large-scale scenarios, and fend off repeated attacks while developing your city economically in city defense missions.
- Upgrade your ACES – Veteran ACE units accompany you throughout your campaign. Spend medals to upgrade and customize your top fighters.
- Customize your Project Deck – Unlock powerful Project cards, customize your deck, and bring your best strategy to compete on the online leaderboard!
Twitch Integration, Custom Maps, and More!
- Twitch Integration – Twitch chat are the citizens! Twitch viewers can type commands into chat to have comments appear during certain in-game events
- Local Versus Mode – Two players duke it out at the same computer (or online via Steam RemotePlay), with one playing as the KAIJU, the other as the HUMANS
- Create your own battles! – Create your own city or scenario – Simple and easy to use, scenarios can be crafted in minutes using the drag and drop map editor
- Share your creations online – Share your cities or maps online using Steam Workshop integration
- Weekly Challenges! – Try Foolish Mortals weekly challenge, and play for top spot on the weekly leaderboards
40 Years of Nobunaga! KOEI TECMO Announces Nobunaga’s Ambition: Awakening Set to Launch July 20, 2023!
Paradox Interactive Announces Life by You, A Game Where You Create A Dream Life
Defeat Aliens on the go as Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers Launches on Nintendo Switch