Offering players the opportunity to embed themselves in a wholesome sci-fi experience, Rendlike is excited to confirm open-world 2D interstellar adventure FixFox launches on Steam today.
FixFox tells the tale of a human-fox hybrid Vix who has a penchant for fixing things. Unlucky as they are, Vix crashlands on a mysterious planet where tools are outlawed but sets out to fix everything they happen across whilst accompanied by her trusty toolbox Tin.
It is, without doubt, one of the warmest and most engaging games you’ll play this year, with FixFox mixing a penchant for exploration with some bewitching puzzles that task players with everything from fixing a sentient kitchen appliance to constructing and operating giant mechs.
Crucially, it’s a world – or universe, more accurately – designed to make you feel welcome as you clear the hurdles in your path by using anything and everything you come across to fix every fault.
“If there’s one thing I set out to do with FixFox is fuel players with positivity,” says Jaroslav Meloun, Studio Owner at Rendlike. “This is a game where fun comes first and foremost, and where we try to offer players a challenge without punishing them for failure. The game actually started life as an homage to the spirit of No Man’s Sky and, though the game went in a different direction in the end, FixFox definitely follows the same path in finding delight in discovery.”
In FixFox you will:
- Explore and discover: Traverse the planet on a peppy scooter, clear pathways with a hefty power loader, or simply go on a peaceful journey by foot to uncover all the landmarks on Karamel.
- Enjoy a peaceful sunrise: Hum along to catchy chiptunes while discovering secret locations, testing your noggin on whimsical puzzles, and finally settling down for the night next to a toasty campfire looking up at the starry sky.
- Fix and build: Repair machines with uplifting personalities such as a passionate lawn mower using unconventional tools like coins, bandages, glowy bananas… anything really.
- Always something fun to do: Live out a space mechanic’s dream by constructing and operating giant mechs to help out the local robots with their peculiar problems.
- Eat and make friends: Enjoy delicious meals the planet dwellers have to offer such as homey soups, warm rice bowls, and totally-not-expired pudding. Making a friend over a meal with hospitable robots may just reveal a vital clue to solving your next quest.
- Fix more than machines: An estranged brother looking for his long-lost sibling, specialized artificial intelligences working through past traumas, and an ongoing feud between two planet factions are just a few of the tangled mysteries that need to be taken apart and fixed.
The development of FixFox has been funded by Joystick Ventures, an endeavor designed to partner with talented developers to build thriving studios that release visionary games.
FixFox will launch on Steam today for $14.99/£11.39 /€12.49.
FixFox’s amazing soundtrack was composed by Aleix Ramon.
Paradox Interactive Announces Life by You, A Game Where You Create A Dream Life
Defeat Aliens on the go as Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers Launches on Nintendo Switch
Aksys Games Summons a Card Set for Winter’s Wish: Spirits of Edo