SQUARE ENIX today announced that the latest standalone addition to the unique Voice of Cards card-based RPG franchise, Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden, is now available digitally for the Nintendo Switch system, PlayStation 4 console and PC via Steam. Following the release of Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars last year, fans can now enjoy a second turn-based adventure in the Voice of Cards franchise told entirely through the medium of cards.
Players will escape to an illustrated world presented in the medium of cards with the Voice of Cards series’ second release, brought to life once again by the creative team behind the beloved NieR and Drakengard series, including Creative Director, YOKO TARO (Drakengard series, NieR series), Music Director, Keiichi Okabe (Drakengard 3, NieR series) and Character Designer, Kimihiko Fujisaka (Drakengard series). Set on a remote chain of islands that have been protected by the maidens for generations, this brand-new adventure will have players follow the protagonist and Laty, a girl who failed to become a maiden, in a touching stand-alone tale to save the people of the island as they face the threat of destruction.
For fans of YOKO TARO, items based on NieR:Automata are also available for purchase individually or as a bundle. The bundle includes the Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden game and several themed DLC items that unlock in-game content, such as:
- Puppet’s Costume – An additional design for Barren, Laty and Lac’s outfits mirroring the style of NieR:Automata*
- YoRHa® Emblem – Replaces the design on the backs of the cards with the YoRHa emblem*
- 2B Avatar – A 2B-inspired design for the player avatar, which can be used on the world map
- The Copied City Board – A Copied City-themed battle board and gem box**
- Machine Lifeform Table – A machine-lifeform-themed design for the game table*
- Resistance Jukebox – Allows you to change the BGM to NieR:Automata-themed music that evokes the memory of the androids who fought to the death for the sake of humanity.*
- Pixel Art Set – Replace all character and enemy illustrations with pixel art*
- Automata Dice – A Pod-themed design for your dice (available in North America and Asia only)*
*The appearance will not change in some sections.
**The Copied City Board content does not include dice DLC.
Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden is now available digitally for the Nintendo Switch system, PlayStation 4 console and PC via Steam. Players who purchase the game on the Nintendo Switch system, PlayStation 4 console or PC via Steam through March 7, 2022 will receive the “Whale of Fortune Pattern” DLC which unlocks a card design featuring a legendary whale said to bring good fortune, and the “Ocean Tile Table” DLC, which unlocks an ocean-themed design for the game table as early purchase rewards.
For more information, visit: https://voiceofcards.square-enix-games.com/en_US/
Paradox Interactive Announces Life by You, A Game Where You Create A Dream Life
Defeat Aliens on the go as Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers Launches on Nintendo Switch
Aksys Games Summons a Card Set for Winter’s Wish: Spirits of Edo