Suit up, Exofighters! This week, Capcom welcomes the arrival of Exoprimal™ Season 3. On Thursday, Jan. 18, 2024, the team-based action game will deploy its biggest update yet, including the highly anticipated Monster Hunter™ collaboration, new Beta variant Exosuits, a Neo Triceratops boss battle, the Jungle map, new gear, fresh seasonal events, and more.
Exoprimal x Monster Hunter Collaboration
This week, monster tracks will begin appearing in Dino Survival matches. After collecting a number of tracks, players will trigger a special Monster Hunter mission. In this scenario, Exofighters will take on Rathalos, the iconic fire-breathing wyvern known as the “King of the Skies,” and hordes of Velociprey in a co-op boss fight alongside a hunting party of 10 players.1
The crossover also features special cosmetic sets inspired by the monsters and hunter armor from Monster Hunter.2 Exofighters can suit up in a Rathalos armor skin for Murasame, a Kirin armor skin for Skywave, a Nergigante armor skin for Barrage, and a Rajang monster skin for Roadblock. These cosmetic sets also include a variety of Monster Hunter-themed emotes, charms, decals, and Comm Wheel stamps.
Neo Triceratops Boss Fight
Rathalos isn’t the only boss fight debuting in Exoprimal Season 3. A Neo Triceratops is also being summoned to the wargames for another exciting 10-player co-op battle! This massive creature has grown and mutated to gain unnatural strength. It can strike foes from a distance by shooting out spikes and has the power to enlarge its horns when charging into melee. Exofighters will need to work together under a respawn limit to overcome this fearsome new opponent.
New Beta Variant Exosuits
Exofighters will also have a collection of new Beta variant Exosuits to equip in Season 3. These Beta variants each possess unique weaponry and playstyles that set them apart from the standard Exosuit models and Alpha variants.
- Deadeye Beta: Energy MG – This model is equipped with an energy machine gun that can continue firing suppressive fire without reloading so long as it doesn’t overheat.
- Barrage Beta: Fire Spray – This variant’s flamethrower annihilates enemies at range with a devastating inferno.
- Roadblock Beta: Counter Shield – This suit’s shield absorbs damage and unleashes it as a powerful ranged counterattack.
- Skywave Beta: Lifeline – Healing allies enables this suit to acquire energy that can be used to form protective barriers that can safeguard the team from damage.
A range of new rigs and modules will also be available, providing even more customizability in combat.
Welcome to the Jungle
The Jungle is a new map for the wargames. This tropical forest deep within Bikitoa Island features dense terrain. Exofighters are encouraged to consider using gear suited for close quarters and mid-range combat. Data indicates that leaping over obstacles to deliver surprise attacks on unsuspecting enemies is also highly effective!
New Limited Time Events
- Lunar New Year Campaign – Wednesday, Jan. 31, 2024 – Monday, Feb. 12, 2024
- Exofighters can ring in the new year by unlocking a Lion Dance hat skin for all 10 original Exosuits.
- Chocolate Campaign – Tuesday, Feb 13, 2024 – Thursday, Feb. 29, 2024
- Exofighters can unlock a Chocolate Exosuit skin for all 10 original models to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
- Double XP Campaign – Thursday, Jan. 18, 2024 – Monday, Jan. 22, 2024
- Additional Double XP Campaigns will be held at later dates.
Exoprimal Season 4 is planned for release in April 2024 and will include:
- “Time Loop Rebellion” – A new 10-player co-op challenge mode
- A “Custom Match” mode that allows Exofighters to send invites to friends playing on other platforms, enjoy the story together, and choose their favorite match settings
- Additional Beta variant Exosuits
- A third Capcom collaboration
- New rigs, modules, and more
Exoprimal is on sale starting today for 50% off ($29.99 USD) across Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows, PlayStation5, PlayStation4, and PC via Steam. The Deluxe Edition is also 50% off ($34.99 USD) on the Microsoft Store and Steam.