Team17 and RocketBrush Studio are today launching dark fantasy action-RPG The Unliving into Steam Early Access. Combining rogue-lite and real-time strategy gameplay, The Unliving follows a vengeful Necromancer sweeping relentlessly across the land, smiting his enemies and reanimating fallen foes in pursuit of an antidote to restore his broken soul.
Each new run in The Unliving sees the Necromancer return stronger than before, learning from his mistakes with each failed attempt, and offering a new chance for humanity to fall. In the brutal and procedurally generated world, players will slay armies, defeat epic bosses, collect and harness powerful spells, and gather resources to restore his citadel, all while uncovering the secrets of the Necromancer and his faithful followers.
The Unliving Key Features:
- Turn enemies into unique undead minions: Each fallen foe has an undead counterpart that the Nectromancer can summon to his undead army
- Sacrifice the undead: The Necromancer can sacrifice members of his undead legions to release powerful spells that can change the course of the battle
- Enjoy hand-drawn levels: The world of The Unliving is procedurally generated from a selection of meticulously crafted and highly detailed pixel art chunks
- Death is only the beginning: Through each permadeath players will be resurrected, keeping their progression. Gathered necromantic resources can be used to restore the citadel hub world and power up the Necromancer
- Overcome blessed bosses: Powerful creatures are the last hope of living to take down the Necromancer, each boasts its own fighting style and abilities
- Unlock the secrets of necromancy: Meet members of your own necromantic cult, and interrogate enemies to piece together the truth behind the necromancer’s immortality, and the unnatural abilities he wields
Need a hand managing the undead? Here’s a short tutorial!
The Unliving will be available to purchase on Steam from today at 5pm GMT (9am PT, 12pm ET, 6pm CET)