Paradox Interactive, a publisher and developer of games for scholars and scoundrels alike, today announced The Lamplighters League and the Tower at the End of the World, a new game coming soon from Harebrained Schemes, the Seattle-based developers of The Shadowrun Trilogy and BATTLETECH. The Lamplighters League is an original pulp adventure set in an alternate 1930s, challenging players to outwit and outrun a sinister global cult before they can achieve world domination, with a mix of gameplay styles including real-time infiltration, turn-based tactical combat, and managing a growing team of misfits. The Lamplighters League will launch for PC and Xbox Series X and S consoles in 2023.
In the alternate 1930s setting of The Lamplighters League, a tyrannical cult called the Banished Court stands on the cusp of world domination. For millennia, all that stood between this sinister cabal and their plans was a band of heroic scholars known as the Lamplighters League. Unfortunately, the best of the best are all gone, so now it’s up to the best of the worst.
“Harebrained Schemes is all about weaving tactical gameplay that challenges your mind with narrative and characters that engage your heart,” said Christopher Rogers, Game Director of The Lamplighters League at Harebrained Schemes. “For years, we’ve been privileged to tell stories in cherished settings like Shadowrun and BATTLETECH. Because The Lamplighters League is set in a new world, it allows us the creative freedom to simultaneously create narrative that supports gameplay and gameplay that supports narrative. We love these characters and hope that players and fans enjoy getting to know them while exploring each one’s unique abilities the way we did. I cannot wait to share everything we’ve been working on.”
The Lamplighters League will include:
Strategy Meets Story, in Style
- Control a team of unique, dynamic characters and get to know their signature tactical abilities and roles in the team. Learn their stories and the world they inhabit by taking them on missions – every misfit brings their own style to the fight through unique moves that can turn the tide of combat.
- Explore a variety of thrilling locales and survey the battlefield before things heat up: sneak past enemies in real-time infiltration gameplay, pick off the stragglers quickly and quietly, and position your squad to get an edge for the fight.
- Use every advantage and dirty trick your agents have up their sleeves in exciting, turn-based combat. Add advanced abilities, gear, and augmentations to your agents to keep pace with the growing threat of the Banished Court!
Race Against the Countdown to Doomsday
- Chase the Banished Court through an alternate-history 1930s, from dockyards and deserts to jungles both urban and wild. Manage your choices at a global level and try to prevent your enemy from advancing their twisted schemes!
- Recruit new allies from the best of the worst: scour the globe for outlaws and outcasts and bring them onto your side before the Banished Court catches them first!
- Every mission earns your team new resources and grows their abilities – but be careful, stress and injury can take their toll!
40 Years of Nobunaga! KOEI TECMO Announces Nobunaga’s Ambition: Awakening Set to Launch July 20, 2023!
[Review] Kirby’s Return to Dreamland Deluxe [Switch]
Paradox Interactive Announces Life by You, A Game Where You Create A Dream Life